Vision & Values
“Excellent patient care. A great place to work”
We are a team. We value teamwork and open communication. We share ideas and decisions about working and patient care. We have a collaborative approach to conflict. We also work within broader teams in the community to improve the health of the population.
We care about our patients. We strive to provide excellent care, whether clinical or non-clinical. We maintain our professional learning and follow guidelines where appropriate. We prioritise patient safety. We value the relationship between the patient and their named GP, Nurse or attending member of the administration team, and work hard to provide continuity of care.
We care about the environment. We proactively take steps to minimise the impact of our practice on the environment. We encourage recycling and work towards preventing waste of medicines and resources.
We care about the people we work with. We want Captain French Surgery to be a great place to work. We nurture career growth. We encourage a healthy work-life balance. We respect and value everyone for their contribution.
Our Aims and Objectives:
- To deliver high quality, accessible, safe, patient-centred care for all our patients.
- To work in partnership with our patients, their families and carers towards a positive experience and understanding, involving them in decision making about their treatment and care.
- To treat patients as individuals and with the same respect we would want for ourselves or a member of our families, listening and supporting people to express their needs and wants and enabling people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence and autonomy.
- To use learning opportunities and patient feedback to reflect, shape and improve the service we offer
- To adopt processes that encourage review and continual improvement of systems as procedures, using well documented governance as a roadmap for growth and change management.
- To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and well-being both within the surgery and the wider Primary Care Network.
- To work constructively and collaboratively with other healthcare organisations and teams in the wider community to optimise patient care.
- To ensure all staff have the competency and motivation, skills and training to deliver high standards of care.
- To provide a safe, supportive and rewarding place to work
- To comply with all legal/statutory requirements and maintain a safe premises.
- To have zero tolerance to all forms of abuse
- To find ways of working which minimise our impact on the environment
- To operate on a financially sounds basis